Saturday, May 28, 2016

African Food! My Villa....

We are teaching Samuel right now who we love already.  He is such a sweet gentle man but if I didn't know him I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley.  He is from Nigeria(speaks English very well) --about 6' 4" and over 300 pounds.  He has such a strong faith in Christ and is a pleasure to teach.  The young elders (Chugg and Cannon) do most of the teaching..we just add our thoughts and testimony to the lessons.  Here is Samuel in the back seat of our car--on our way to an African restaurant.
So here a picture of the African food.  Rice, chicken?? plantain.Spicy tomatoes and peppers. The white circles are yam and there is an egg dish.  I wasn't sure that that was chicken because I have never had such tough chicken in my life!  Samuel said that if he had done the cooking it would have been much better.  They played Christian music in the restaurant....definitely different!  I told Samuel I was scared before we got to the restaurant because I'm not very brave about new foods.  He said it wasn't that different....just a bit spicy...It cleared my sinuses..
We pick up Samuel in Molfetta which is about a 30 minute drive from Bari.  It is right by the sea also.  Had to take a quick picture as we were coming into Molfetta.  Beautiful.
So there is a Villa that I am going to buy one day in my dreams.  We drive by it almost every day and it is pretty run down--just needs a bit of paint and a million other things but I've claimed it.  It's pink.  I make Chris slow down every time we pass by.  Hard to get a good picture when the gate is closed....




1 comment:

  1. We sure loved catching up on your blog! Great pics and descriptions of everything! Great to see that you are both happy and healthy and enjoying your Mission! Love, The Websters
    p.s. Rocco's blog is: elderrockfordwebster.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete