Friday, January 15, 2016

Arriving in Rome Jan 12

Left the MTC on Monday Jan 11 and arrived in Rome on Jan 12.  What a long terrible flight that was!  We were exhausted when we got there at about 10AM Europe time but really 2AM MST according to my body clock.  The Mission President--Presidente Waddoups and his wife met us at the airport and she welcomed me with the traditional kiss on both cheeks which was a bit strange for me.  I'm going to have to get used to it. She taught me that you kiss left cheek first, then right or it ends up awkward.  We went to see the Rome Mission office and met many new people.  Rome's traffic is CRAZY!  Chris took a drivers test with Presidente and I told him I didn't want one.  I refuse to drive in Rome.  He thinks I'll change my mind.  (doubt it)  Below are Presidente and Sorella Waddoups.

They took us to their home at the Villa and put us up in a beautiful suite there.
They treated us like royalty.  This is in front of the Rome Temple
Even took us to see the sights (and tastes) of Rome 

Trevi Fountain


 think a few of our grandkids would like me to bring this home to them----Supersized Nutella!
This guy grabbed my hand after this picture was shot and wanted money for it--Chris said no (mainly because we didn't have any cash on us) and he wouldn't let go of me.  Finally yanked my hand free--A little unnerving!


Our beautiful suite at the Villa

No comments:

Post a Comment