Friday, January 15, 2016

Stop-over in Orem before Mission Training

Had the privilege of staying with Ron and Darlene Olthuis for a few days in Orem, Utah before we entered the MTC.  Darlene and Ron were so good to us and helped to keep my stress down.  I did manage to give them a present of my cold which I'm sure wasn't appreciated.  One thing about Utah and the Provo/Orem area is that they sit a the base of beautiful mountains. I think because I had never been to that area in the winter, I was in awe.  It's truly breathtaking.


We also got to visit with Chris's Italian friend Vito Corleone (it's actually Columbo but I call him Corleone)  Chris first met him on his  mission in 1973 in Ostia, Italy and didn't see him again until a couple years ago.  He lives in Salt Lake City and speaks almost no English.  We got to enjoy a scrumptious Italian meal with him at Settebello's and of course finished with gelato! YUM!!  I even spoke a few words to him in Italian and he understood me.  Miracles!  He is a dear man.

Of course we couldn't go to Salt Lake and area without seeing Temple Square all lit up with Christmas lights.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment