Sunday, October 23, 2016

September rain-- or should I say torrential downpour?

We have had some amazing weather here in Bari.  The whole summer has been around 30 degrees Celsius and now we are getting into some fall weather.  The evenings are getting cool enough to wear a sweater but it is so pleasant.  We experienced an unbelievable rainfall one day in September that had me worried.  We were on our way to choir practice and had to pick up someone on the way.  It started to rain and then to rain with a vengeance!  It was up to the cars bumpers by the time we got to the church.  Chris was having a great time!  I was envisioning having to be rescued from the roof of the car...

Below is a picture of us with Anziano Borough-our zone leader.  Such wonderful missionaries we have here in Bari and he's no exception. He's returned home now to San Diego.  He will do amazing work for the people there now.

Here we are with Claudio Cutrignelli and his girlfriend Noemi.  He was on his way to serve a mission in Milan, Italy.  First of 3 from the Liberta ward to go on a mission from now til December 2016.  There are 2 sisters already on missions from  that ward in Milano and Spain.
We had the pleasure of spending time with Sally when she came for a visit to Italy.  We had to leave her on her own for a week while she was here in Bari as we had to go to Switzerland to the temple with the Young Single Adults (called GANS here in Italy, not YSA)  We managed to take her to a couple places--this in particular was fun--Alberobello.  We found some beautiful linens here and I think I will make another visit just before we return to Edmonton to grab a bedspread that caught my eye!!
Yes, and believe it or not we went back to Zoo Safari--this time I made Sally sit in the front with Chris and I sat in the back with my windows rolled up!  I didn't have a mean daughter with me this time to unroll them...



No comments:

Post a Comment